Miniature hand knitted sweaters on Christmas cards



Hello everyone!
I'm sure a lot of you are in a holiday mood and can't wait to celebrate Christmas that is just around the corner. I've just finished making these cute pop up Christmas cards for my friends. Looks like I'm late again and the cards would probably arrive to them after Christmas.

I had it all planned out so well but God knows best. I thought this year I could get my Christmas cards done early and have them arrive to my friends a few days before Christmas. But unfortunately, things didn't work out as planned. Something horrible happened to my Mom and all my work had to be put to a stop! My Mom fell in her bathroom and hit her head on the floor a couple of weeks ago. She had to be warded for about a week and is on the road to recovery now, alhamdulillah.

It was really a difficult time for me and my Mom. None of us has ever experienced something like that before so it was an eye opener and we learned a lot from the experience. I hope to never have to go through all that again. We are indeed very very careful now. 

Actually I started making the knitted sweaters before the accident. I also made the Christmas cards as at the same time as well. But I didn't get the chance to blog about it earlier or completed the whole card because of the accident. So today I finally get to complete them all. There are actually 2 different designs of knitted cards that I managed to do for Christmas this year. The other one I will share with you here in another post soon.

I made the simplest pop up Christmas tree ever! In fact I think this is the simplest pop up I've ever made for any card. When you are in a hurry and do not have enough time, you just gotta do with what you can. I like it, and that is what is important. No point doing something you don't like right??

I can't believe that I made those tiny sweaters! They are so cute! I'm still a beginner so the pattern is very basic and very easy to do. I couldn't find any tutorial on how to make them so I just wing it! Can't believe I manage to pull it off! Hope to learn more on how to make a more realistic looking miniature sweaters in future. 


2 comments:

CC said...

These are so gorgeous! But I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! How scared you must have been! I am glad she is on the road to recovery! I love you! ♥

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much CC! ;) It's ok...I'm just glad she's not in serious trouble and recovering well. I'm so glad I was around to help her, I can't imagine what would have happened if I wasn't. God knows best. I love you so much dear! XOXO

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...