Sweet pink and blue card in a box birthday card

HB139

Second card design in August! Woohoo! Excited about that since I only managed to make just one in July! LOL! Been busy with other projects, I hardly have the time to make cards like I used to back in the days. It seems that making quilling kits is more in demand nowadays and preparing them do take a LOT of my time. I also have other work to do that keeps me away from the craft table. However I do hope to have more time to spend on designing cards if possible this month. I also have to make a few birthday cards for birthdays that's coming up soon. Gosh....there's just so many things to do and so little time. 

This card was requested by someone who ordered the tri-shutter card that I made in July. I was supposed to get this one done at the same time but I was just too busy at the time to do it. Luckily for me that I got me a very understanding client. She gave me all the time that I needed to get it done. 

You know it's not that easy to get new ideas for handmade cards sometimes. You get stuck halfway through and start staring at it, hoping for a miracle to happen. But sometimes the ideas just flows like water. Well in this case.....I got stuck in the beginning and later on it just flows non stop. I haven't been making any card in a box for quite sometime....I did however made lots of them last year. They can be pretty challenging sometimes to create as there are so many sides to decorate on them. And they all have to match and harmonize. 

I did however get a lot of help making this card by using die-cuts that I bought some time ago. So I don't have to spend too much time cutting everything by hand or make them myself from scratch. All I had to do was to just figure out how to match them altogether in one card. Find the same colour combinations and matching theme and then BAM!! It's done! You just have to know what fits where and enhance them to make them look fancy with the sticker and bling blings.  But I did however do a little hand lettering to write the name of the birthday girl and her birth-date as per request. 

Do check out the video of the card design below and see how the card opens and closes. Thank you so much for watching :).


Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...